Two Ways to Support Angel Tree This Year
Virtual Angel Tree is easy to use!
As of today, St. Basil parishioners can serve 25 children through the Virtual Angel Tree, an online website provided by Prison Fellowship, the national organization that sponsors the Angel Tree program. Through the Virtual Angel Tree, each child will be sent a $40 Walmart gift card, a Christmas card containing a message from their incarcerated parent, and an opportunity to receive a free Bible. You will be able to select one or more children. Your cost for each gift for will be $42, covering the gift card, postage, and handling.
2. Enter the St. Basil Greek Orthodox Church code CIN6M
3. CHOOSE one or more children: Select a child. (If a child has other siblings, you will be asked if you want to choose them as well.) You can also click on “SHOW ME MORE” to see more names.
4. Checkout: When reviewing your order, you can remove or choose additional children. You can also choose to provide a gift card to the caregiver of the children you have selected.
5. Go to payment: You can pay by either credit card or by bank account (ACH).
Traditional Angel Tree is still available
Names of another 40 children can be selected from a tabletop Christmas tree that will be set up outside of the Philoptochos Hall on Saturdays and Sundays starting November 15. To the extent that we have funds, we will also be providing grocery store gift cards to the caregivers of the children. You can donate toward the gift cards through the church website at http://www.stbasilchicago.org/donation/ or send a check to the church office.
Indicate “Prison Ministry” on the check memo line.
Call Pat or Steve Cole at 773-252-8254 or 312-493-4063, if you
• have problems with the Virtual Angel Tree website,
• are able to help sort gifts after liturgy on December 13, or
• can distribute gifts to Angel Tree program families on December 19.